Welcome to our list of forthcoming meetings and events. This page is currently undergoing improvement so to keep up-to-date with the latest Camcycle events, we recommend you also follow our Facebook and Twitter pages.
Come and cycle with Camcycle – we love to meet new people and share good cycle routes around the city.
Festive Lights Ride, Saturday 9 December 2023
Christmas is coming and the festive lights are coming out across the city! Join Camcycle and friends for a leisurely ride for all ages to enjoy some of Cambridge’s seasonal sparkle. It’s a free event and everyone is welcome.
We depart from New Square near the Grafton at 4.30pm and will return to Burleigh Street around 5.30pm, where you could warm up with some Italian hot chocolate at Signorelli’s or enjoy food and drink from some of the other local businesses in this area. Read more and view the route here.
Camcycle’s annual Reach Ride
Our social events are an ideal way to meet other members and supporters and to talk to Camcycle staff and volunteers. Come along and find out more about what we do and how you can get involved or simply enjoy a chat – we won’t just talk about cycling!
Next social: Tuesday 5 December at 7pm in the Garden Room of the Alex pub on Gwydir Street.
Camcycle stall at community events
We regularly take our big orange cargo bike out to events and fairs across Cambridge and beyond. Come and find out more about what we do, pick up some free cycling resources and discuss your local cycling issues.
Next stall-bike event: Mill Road Winter Fair, Saturday 2 December. Find us on Petersfield Green between 10.30am and 4pm.
Our 2024 AGM will be held on Saturday 20 January 2024. To find out more, visit our AGM 2024 webpage.
Camcycle monthly meetings
We host a mix of online and in-person meetings and are currently confirming our calendar for 2024. Below are links to some of the online talks we have enjoyed in recent years.
- Community Action on Climate with Rhiannon Osborne and Helen Dye
- Working together with Milton Cycling Campaign
- Reclaiming Cambridge’s pavements with Living Streets
- How to Ghentify your city with Filip Watteeuw
- The difference an LTN makes with Sarah Berry
- Lessons from the low-car life
- Mayoral hustings 2021
- The role of micromobility with Voi
- Growing cycling at the University of Cambridge with Mike Davies
- Try Before You Buy with Mark Searle from Outspoken Cycles
- Revolutions: How Women Changed the World on Two Wheels with author Hannah Ross
- Cycle-savvy driving with Bikeability
- Playing Out with Julia Sang and Paul Connelly
- Low-traffic neighbourhoods aren’t new with Cyclestreets
- Winning hearts and minds with Clare Rogers