The Campaign’s primary focus is to work for a better cycling environment in and around the Cambridge area, in order both to increase the amount of cycling and to make it safer and more pleasurable. Much of this work is carried out by ordinary members as well as staff and the Board of Trustees. The following indicates the variety of areas in which we work.
|Cyclescape||Most of our campaigning work is discussed online using our forum, Cyclescape (registration needed but open to all members). Do join up if you’d like to read or participate in our latest discussions.|
|Blog||Our own campaigning activity (and issues relevant to campaigning) are regularly reported on our blog.|
|Get involved||Would you like to help us campaign? Find out how you can get involved.|
|Making Space for Cycling||Making Space for Cycling is our guide for developers on how to create high-quality cycle infrastructure.|
|Map of successes||See our Map of campaigning successes to see where you have been benefitting from our work.|
Current key campaigns
|Spaces to Breathe||We’re calling on our decision-makers to take urgent steps to ensure we have safe networks and infrastructure for walking and cycling so that people can make essential journeys and get their vital exercise as safely as possible now and when our city reopens following the COVID-19 pandemic. Sign our open letter and tell us where you need safer spaces to breathe, walk and cycle.|
|City Deal||The City Deal will transform Cambridge’s transport infrastructure. We will scrutinize proposals for all the City Deal projects|
Chisholm Trailis our proposal for a premier route running north to south, following much of the railway line.
|Smarter Cambridge Transport||We are involved in the Smarter Cambridge Transport (formerly Better City Deal) campaign for sustainable transport infrastructure in Cambridge and south Cambridgeshire, including measures for intelligent traffic management and public transport, as well as cycling. See the Smarter Cambridge Transport website for more information.|
|Milton Road||Milton Road has been identified as an early project for the Greater Cambridge City Deal|
|Street Cycle Parking||Our Street Cycle Parking project works to champion the need for space for on-street parking for bikes as well as cars.|
The following articles list the active campaigns at the time.
- Current campaigns (Newsletter 127: August - September 2016) (start of thread)
- Current campaigns (Newsletter 128: October - November 2016)
- Current campaigns (Newsletter 129: December 2016 - January 2017)
- Current campaigns (Newsletter 130: February - March 2017)
- Current campaigns (Newsletter 131: April - May 2017)
- Current campaigns (Newsletter 132: June - July 2017)
- Current campaigns (Newsletter 133: August - September 2017)
- Current campaigns (Newsletter 134: October - November 2017)
- Current campaigns (Newsletter 135: December 2017 - January 2018)
- Current campaigns (Newsletter 136: February - March 2018)
- Current campaigns (Newsletter 137: April - May 2018)
For general campaigning resources, see the resources section.
We also have a large amount of material (campaign webpages, consultation responses, etc) relating to our past campaigning activity.