Overview / latest news
More information will be online shortly.
Dwellings: 347 plus student accommodation for 100 submitted on behalf of the Bell Education Trust.
Issues: On-site cycle routes, cycle parking, access to the site, especially the junction with Babraham Road. There is a separate application for a 3 metre wide shared footpath/cyclepath/route for emergency vehicles.
Plans open for consultation dated 12th May 2008 (deadline 26th May 2008)
We have put a copy of the plans on the official documents page for this development for ease of access. These are all public documents.
The application, with these plans, are open to consultation until 26th May 2008.
The address for objections/comments is Toby.Williams@cambridge.gov.uk
Key problems to raise:
- Babraham Road: 2m-wide shared use path
- Babraham Road: buildouts like those on King’s Hedges Road – 3-3.5m
- Babraham Road: Toucan crossing outside the development contains dog-leg arrangement and is multiple stage
- Lack of clarity where cycle parking will go – surely not all in the area by the entrance to the site?
- Main entrance into the development from Babraham Road has pavement on one site only
indicates items we feel have particular relevance. Please let us know if you think we should mark other documents.
CD received from City Council on 23rd May 2008
- Current Land budget 425 1-251.85 MB)
- Current Public open space 425 1-17B291.3 KB)
- 14951_50C Southern Toucan Crossing General209 KB)
- 425 1-101K Indicative masterplan with red 1.05 MB)
- 14951_51A Southern Toucan Crossing Locatio2.28 MB)
- 14951_014 Proposed Junction layout Option 1.12 MB)
- 14951_005F Access layout and cross section792.3 KB)
- 425 1-22C Access Plan 07.04.081.67 MB)
- 425-1-16D Parking Allocation 14.04.08444 KB)
- 425 1-15E Building Heights- Scale Paramete1.1 MB)
In a few cases, the plans have been rotated 90° to make screen reading of the PDF easier, but are otherwise unmodified.
Items downloaded from City Council website on 23rd May 2008
- Bell School Planning Statement5.43 MB)
- Bell School application form306.2 KB)
- Bell School Parking Allocation400.7 KB)
- Bell School location plan982.8 KB)
- Bell School Indicative Masterplan1.48 MB)
- Bell School Building Heights432.3 KB)
- Bell School Design and Access Statement-small11.25 MB)
- Bell School site plan5.04 MB)
- Bell School Public Open Space418.9 KB)