The Greater Cambridge City Deal is an agreement between the Government and councils and other organizations in the Cambridge region, which will provide funding (to the value of hundreds of millions of pounds) for transport infrastructure in the area. It is delivered by the Greater Cambridge Partnership, formerly called the City Deal Board. There is an official Greater Cambridge website.
You can read our view on congestion reduction, our response to the Greater Cambridge Partnership congestion proposals.
We are working with the Smarter Cambridge Transport campaign group to help ensure that the City Deal is implemented well. We are also responding to consultations on individual Greater Cambridge Partnership projects (see the links below for more information) – these are discussed online on Cyclescape, so do join up if you’d like to be involved.
See also our page on Milton Road.
From our blog
- Barton and Haslingfield Greenway Consultations (August 7, 2018)
- City Deal Design Guide Comments (January 25, 2017)
- ‘Milton Road Alliance’ City Deal success with ‘Do-Optimum’ approach for Milton Road (December 9, 2016)
- We’ve reviewed the Greenways Proposals – Our response (November 17, 2016)
- ‘Tackling Cambridge Congestion’ – Our response to the City Deal proposals (October 10, 2016)
- Camcycle supports the Chisholm Trail phase one planning application (October 7, 2016)
- Weekly Update – 10th June – City Deal decisions (June 10, 2016)
- Our response to the Milton Road City Deal consultation (February 15, 2016)
- City Deal Cross City Cycling Routes – Our consultation response (February 15, 2016)
- Histon Road consultation response (February 12, 2016)
The following is a thread of newsletter articles on the topic:
- City Deal and the Chisholm Trail (Newsletter 119: April - May) (start of thread)
- City Deal for Madingley Road/A1303/A428 corridor (Newsletter 121: August - September)
- City Deal special: Madingley Road/A1303 corridor in detail (Newsletter 122: October - November)
- A better City Deal for Greater Cambridge (Newsletter 122: October - November)
- City Deal consultations (Newsletter 124: February - March)
- Greater Cambridge City Deal consultations ending on 15 February 2016 (Newsletter 124: February - March)
- Cross City Cycling consultation (Newsletter 124: February - March)
- Milton Road and Histon Road corridors (Newsletter 124: February - March)
- City Deal - Milton Road junctions (Newsletter 124: February - March)
- City Deal consultation responses (Newsletter 125: April - May 2016)
- Congestion control points (Newsletter 127: August - September 2016)
- Greater Cambridge City Deal (Newsletter 128: October - November 2016)
- ‘Rebooting the City Deal’ meeting (Newsletter 129: December 2016 - January 2017)
- City Deal Board urges cyclists to ‘please love us’ (Newsletter 129: December 2016 - January 2017)
- Greenways are coming (Newsletter 133: August - September 2017)