We have a vision of a thriving and sustainable region of healthy, happy people where everyone feels able to enjoy the benefits of cycling. But to help get more people cycling in and around Cambridge, we need to protect and grow our charity so that it is best positioned to deliver work that makes a difference.
We’re currently seeking a new treasurer to look after our finances and help set the strategic direction of our charity’s future.
If you think you’d be perfect for this role, please read on.
You can find out more and express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who are we and what do we do?
Camcycle (Cambridge Cycling Campaign) is a high-profile and influential local charity working for more, better and safer cycling for all ages and abilities in and around Cambridge, where half the population cycles at least once a week. We are democratic and member-led, with over 1,650 members and many volunteers. We are inclusive, informed and influential. Our work is positive, practical and professional.
Our funding is derived from membership subscriptions, donations, grants from funding bodies, corporate partnerships and advertising. We have four members of staff, and many active and long-term volunteers including our board of trustees.
Our work includes:
- Agenda-setting campaigning for more, better and safer cycling.
- Responding to planning applications and public consultations.
- Organising events including our Cambridge Festival of Cycling, the Reach Ride with 1,000 participants, stalls at community events, workplace information sessions and campaigning meetings.
- Publication of print and digital cycling advocacy materials including leaflets for students, our quarterly magazine and blogs and social media posts.
- Making representations to the media and local administrative bodies in the interest of a wide diversity of people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities who are cycling for general transport purposes in the greater Cambridge region.
Camcycle is: Inclusive, Informed and Influential
Our work is: Positive, Practical and Professional
Read more about our values at www.camcycle.org.uk/values
What we’re looking for from our new treasurer
We’re seeking a treasurer to join our board of trustees and work with our Executive Director to ensure the financial stability and growth of Camcycle. You will be a committed and enthusiastic supporter of cycling in and around Cambridge and a member of Camcycle. This does not mean you need to cycle very far, very often or indeed at all, but rather that you understand the benefits large-scale everyday cycling can have for our society and environment. (If you are not currently a member you can join in advance of submitting your trustee nomination form).
Ideally, you will have a formal accountancy qualification, or alternatively significant practical experience with the financial challenges faced by a small organisation. You will also understand the dynamics of a small high-performance organisation, and be able to work with a variety of stakeholders including staff, other trustees, volunteers, members, donors and other partners.
If you would like to learn more about the role of Treasurer or express interest in the position please get in touch. We will arrange a conversation with our Executive Director and/or our incumbent Treasurer to discuss the role. We’re hoping to coopt the new Treasurer to the board of trustees in early 2023.