It's here! It's the Reach Ride. We couldn't have asked for a better weather forecast and with sunshine on the way we are expecting a record turn-out.
Where to join the ride
You can join the Reach Ride from the following locations:
- Main Departure: Guildhall, Market Street. Meet from 9am for 10am departure.
- Eddington: Meet at 9am at University of Cambridge Primary School for a 9:15am departure to Guildhall (Supported by the Eddington Number)
- Green Dragon Bridge: Several families are meeting here at 10am and will join the ride as it passes. Look for the Camcycle flag!
- Fulbourn: Meet at 10am at the Hat and Rabbit (formerly Baker's Arms) to ride to Newmarket Park & Ride. Led by Fulbourn Forum.
- Newmarket Road Park & Ride: Last departure is 10:30am.
- Ely: Departs 10am from Jubilee Gardens. Led by Ely Cycling Campaign.
- Kings Lynn: Catch the train at 7:50am from Lynn Station (Led by KLWNBUG The Norfolk and Fens Cycling Campaign).
- London: We know there are groups coming up on the train. Get in touch with London Cycling Campaign groups.
If you know of any other groups, please let us know and we can promote them on social media.
Tips for the ride
Ensure your bike is in good repair and that the brakes are working and the tyres are pumped up.
It will be warm and sunny so make sure you have sunblock and water.
Bring cash for food, drinks, fair rides and emergency bike repairs.
If something goes wrong we will have volunteer marshals and Outspoken Cycles bike mechanics on hand to help with repairs. (You may need to pay for some parts.) However, you should still be prepared with puncture repair kits, spare tubes and basic tools.
Read our 'Welcome to Cycling' leaflet for tips on safe and legal cycling.
Do you need a cycle for the ride?
There are a range of local stores offering free trials or discounted prices for the Reach Ride. School Run Centre, Power to the Pedal and Outspoken Cycles have child-carrying cargo cycles you can trial for free. You can save £50 on a tandem bike from Kingsway Cycles and up to 28% on some electric bikes with The Electric Bike Sales.
Help us with the Recce Ride
Meet at the Guildhall at 10am Saturday to help us clear the route and put up our Reach Ride signs. Great fun and we stop for a nice pub lunch as well. Email email@example.com if you can help.