This article was published in 2009, in Newsletter 84.
We are hoping to have the Campaign stall bike (our flagship on the recent Reach Ride – see later in this Newsletter) at several local events that are coming up in the next couple of months. The aim is to draw attention to the issues we are active on, to meet members and recruit new ones. How many we attempt to cover depends on your support though.
Would you consider giving up a few hours on one of these dates to help out? The stall bike would be stocked with membership postcards and application forms as well as briefing sheets explaining the Campaign’s position on various issues. We will also arrange briefing for volunteers on key issues if required.
- 6 June at Strawberry Fair, Midsummer Common
- 13 & 14 June at the Town & Country Show, Parker’s Piece
- 14 June Environment Festival, Milton Country Park
- 20 June (Bike Week event in a village – possibly Sawston/Chesterton/Hardwick)
- 11-12 July The Big Weekend, Parker’s Piece
- 12 July Shelford Feast
- 26 July London-Cambridge Charity Ride finish, Midsummer Common.
Please email email@example.com or leave a message on 690718 to let me know which event(s) you might be available for and how long you might be able to help for.
John Cooter, Recruitment Officer