This is an excellent opportunity to become more involved in the Campaign and to develop your own skills while making a real difference to the local quality of life for all. We welcome new members to the committee and previous experience is not required.
On behalf of members, the committee sets the strategic direction and priorities for the Campaign. Committee members can also assist with managing our employee, responding to consultations, attending meetings, and administering aspects of the Campaign, all depending on the time they can spare.
Committee members will be able to lead our exciting initiatives planned for 2016 which include:
- campaigning to ensure the once-in-a-generation City Deal delivers the best possible solutions for cycling in Cambridge.
- refreshing the Campaign brand
- updating our campaign website
- improving our engagement with local businesses and students
- developing corporate sponsorship packages
- continuing the developments of our membership database and electronic communications
Members of the committee are supported in their work by our full-time employee, the Cycling Campaign Officer.
The committee positions include:
- Chair (and Charity Chair)
- Vice-Chair (and Charity Secretary)
- Treasurer (and Charity Treasurer)
plus the following others:
- Membership Secretary
- Liaison Officer
- Planning Officer
- Newsletter Editor
- Events (Rides/Stall)
- Web and New Media
- Press Officer
- Schools and Student Outreach
- General Campaigner (Three posts. In addition, any position named in the second list for which no candidate is nominated, will become a general campaigner post.)
The General Campaigner posts are flexible to accommodate your special interest or expertise. You can find out more about the roles of the committee members at www.camcycle.org.uk/about/charity/boardoftrustees/