indicate outstanding actions.
Next event: Teleconference Friday 2nd May at 10 am
Out of date
Please note the rest of this page is no longer maintained.
It will be removed – but is retained for reference for the time being.
Devise voting system. Set deadline for submission. Get expected costings for producing the posters. Identify who is going to print them out and ferry them from the printers to the conference. More clarity over what the prizes actually are.
|Date||Saturday 10th May 2008|
|Title||Creating a Cycling Culture|
|Organiser||Cambridge Cycling Campaign|
|Conference home page||
|On-line booking fee||£16|
|Postal booking fee||£16|
|Postal address for bookings||
Cambridge Cycling Campaign
PO Box 204
|Cheques payable to||Cambridge Cycling Campaign|
|Pay Pal account name (e-mail address)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|E-mail for conference/booking enquiries||Link to http://www.camcycle.org.uk/contacts/ (do not publish the campaign’s email address)|
|Organiser’s logo (approx 100 pixels wide)|
|The following are optional items that we must decide whether to include on the booking form:|
|Frday ride from 12:30pm|
|Friday evening social (not included in booking fee)|
|Friday evening social (not included in booking fee)|
|Vegetarian food at conference||All the food provided is a mix of both vegetarian and vegan.|
|Vegan food at conference|
|Friday night accommodation with local cyclists (subject to availability)|
|Saturday night accommodation with local cyclists (subject to availability)|
|Please indicate if you want to hire a bike on the Saturday for travelling from the railway station to the venue. (Cost £10).|
|Your name||(as you would like it to appear on your conference badge)|
|Organisation you are representing||(as you would like it to appear on your conference badge)|
Actions and News
- Rob Fuller
- Ask Sarah ??? to facilitate, ??? to host breakout session
- Determing whether CCoC will cover some of the catering costs.
- Find out about public transport to the venue
- MLS suggests: Has thought been given to which local Councillors and Officers should be invited? Perhaps Jim and others could draw up a shortlist to approve. They will then need to be written to ASAP. Bear in mind that this year’s City Council elections will be held on 1 May 2008.
- approach Cambridge Station Cycles to pre-book numbers of bikes
- Jim, Simon
- Delegate responsibilities for Rides, Booking and Accommodation to conference helpers. [Feb ubpdate: Bev has joined the list, and offers of accommodation are coming in.]
- Agree budget with Campaign treasurer to cover costs.
- Get fellow committee and membership more fired up about this conference. We could even make a profit if we have e.g. nice Tee shirts / DVDs / Slap Wraps ! There must be talented media / facilitators among the membership
- Action: need to find volunteer helpers to serve cups of tea etc – can be given free places at the event.
- Has requested all those who have so far offered accommodation to fill in the details using the booking form, and as at 7 March there are seven offers on the spreadsheet.
CCyC Cambridge Cycling Campaign CCN Cycle Campaign Network CTC Cyclists' Touring Club CCiC - Cambridge City Council CCoC - Cambridgeshire County Council JC - Jim Chisholm CCyC AC - Adam Coffman CTC &C - André Curtis CCN RF - Rob Fuller CTC RG - Roger Geffen CTC MLS - Martin Lucas-Smith CCyC SM - Simone Makepeace CTC Bev - Bev Nicolson SN - Simon Nuttall CCyC DR - Debra Rolfe CTC
Merchandise – Some tee shirt stock left?, DVDs, Camcycle 2020 brochure, Cycle Maps, Newsletters
(I don’t think I’ve quite captured all of our debate here – comments please.)
- Cambridge has levels of cycling most akin to the Netherlands and Denmark – surely it must be great place to be a cyclist?
- Cycling is a Party Political issue in Cambridge
- Lifting the ban on cycling in the centre of Cambridge
- Two-way cycling in one-way streets
- Legalising safe maneouvres
- Cycle parking
- Cycling is a normal activity here – for transport, for work, for leisure
- Spread the story of the success of the Cambridge campaign to national audience
NOTE: these costs are out of date, awaiting revised spreadsheet from Jim.
Mouth Music Caterers
Organic vegetarian food supplier:http://www.mouth-music.co.uk/buffets.php.
We can do menu 2 for £7.00 per head for over 100 people and for £6.85 per head for over 200 people. We can do menu 3 for £7.75 per head for over 100 people and for £7.60 per head for over 200 people. We will be able to supply you with drinks and an urn. If you have volunteers available and want to keep costs down, it would make sense for you serve the drinks yourself. If we need to staff it, we'd need to charge in the region of £1.50 per head for each session of teas and coffees. Otherwise, we can just charge you for the supplies which will be significantly cheaper. Food is supplied in such a way as to be easily self served, so we just deliver and set it up, and come back later to pick up the empty crockery. Option A Option B Menu 2 for 200 £6.85 x 200 = 1370 Menu 3 for 200 £7.75 x 200 = 1550 Hot drinks ??? ??? ==== ==== NOTE: These prices do not include VAT.
Functions === Drinks Tea, Coffee or fruit juice with biscuits One cup per person (china cups) £1.75 Sandwich Lunch === Assorted Sandwiches (This is the preferred option.) With Salad Garnish and bowls of crisps. Served with a bowl of fresh fruit (Apples, Bananas, Pears and Oranges) Water and Orange Juice £6.50 per Head Hot drinks in paper add £1.00 per person Hot drinks in china add £1.25 per person
Simon’s Note:For one lot of tea (at the start), and one lot of lunch, using china I make this for 200 people totalling…
Option A Welcome Tea / Coffee 1.75 x 200 = 350 350 followed by Sandwich Lunch 6.50 x 200 = 1300 Hot Drinks 1.25 x 200 = 250 ---- 1550 1550 Afternoon Tea? Hot Drinks 1.75 x 200 = 350 350 ==== 2250
This table summarises some of the anticipated costs, note: there is still a lot of uncertainty here. In particular we don’t know if we’ll have to hire Friday night or Saturday night venues.
Friday Venue ============ Room hire 250 ? Main Venue ========== Main Hall and Lecture theatre 500 Breakout rooms 200 ? Catering 2250 Conference Dinner ============ Room hire 250 ? Other Costs =========== Poster production 500 ==== TOTAL 3700 Revenue ======= Delegate fees 200 x 16 3200 CTC Contribution 500 CCoC Contribution 500 ==== 4200 ==== Surplus / (Deficit) 500