Cambridge Cycling Campaign welcomes the Advertising Standards Authority’s decision in September and October 1999 to uphold complaints about three advertisements for Peugeot cars. The ASA agreed that the ads, carried widely in the national press, were using speed to promote the vehicles and infringed their code of advertising practice.
- Cambridge Cycling Campaign Press release on the Advertising Standards Authority decision.
- The ASA’s adjudication on the Peugeot 306 D Turbo advert.
- The ASA’s adjudication on two Peugeot 206 GTi adverts.
- Slowing down – on car adverts in general, on the Slower Speeds Initiative, and funding of speed cameras. (December 1998)
- Now you see it. Now you don’t. – on the Peugeot adverts – and why we complained about them. (August 1999)
- Too fast – on the ASA’s adjudication of our first complaint, the Speeds Review, and the CPRE’s Charter for Country Lanes. (October 1999)