SATURDAY 21 JANUARY, 2023
2-5pm, Storey’s Field Centre (Main Hall)
Join us in-person at Camcycle’s 2023 AGM for an afternoon of campaigning celebration and inspiration!
We’re delighted to announce that our guest speaker this year is Andy Cox. Andy is Detective Chief Superintendent & Head of Crime at Lincolnshire Police and Chair of the strategic board for serious collision investigation. He’s also a formidable campaigner for road danger reduction. His work has brought together multiple agencies and he’s internationally recognised for personal leadership in tackling diverse issues. One of the biggest barriers to active travel is threats to safety on the road.
Andy will inspire our 2023 campaigning with a talk about his work at the forefront of road danger reduction within the police force and other organisations.
The AGM will also review our year, look forward to the campaigns ahead, vote in our 2023 board of trustees and present Camcycle awards to the amazing people who’ve made a difference in 2022. Everybody is welcome to attend, but places are limited so registration is essential.
Please note that this year, trustees have raised a motion regarding the proposal to transition to Camcycle from a unincorporated charity to a Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO). This would involve a new constitution for the CIO. The text is below. Find more details of the motion here.
(Registration for this event will close 23:59 on Monday 16 January 2023)
Annual General Meeting 2023: your questions answered
Where is Storey’s Field Centre?
Eddington Ave, Cambridge, CB3 1AA
You can find our venue and plan your cycle route online via CycleStreets.
What’s happening when?
Everyone who registers for the event will receive booking confirmation via email. The meeting will begin at 2pm but you’ll be able to join us at the venue from 1.30pm. We’ll begin with an introduction and formal AGM business, followed by a break at around 3.30pm. Our guest speaker’s presentation will begin at around 3.45pm, followed by a chance for questions, and the Camcycle awards will be presented at around 4.45pm.
- The Camcycle AGM 2023 agenda pack provides further details
- Read our 2022 annual review
- Read our Trustees’ annual report and financial statements
What happens at the formal part of a Camcycle AGM?
The AGM is a chance for members to have their say on the running of our charity, to vote nominated trustees onto our board and to bring motions for discussion. You can find further information about our board of trustees online including how to nominate someone (including yourself).
To ensure that we have time to prepare for the meeting and share important information with Camcycle members, the deadline for trustee nominations and motions is 9am on Thursday 15 December 2022.
How does the voting system work?
Members attending the AGM will be able to vote in-person for trustees and on any motions which arise. If you wish to vote, you will need to be a Camcycle member. Members who are unable to attend the AGM can arrange to vote at the Camcycle office between 16-19 January 2023 – please email us to arrange a time: email@example.com .
What is the wording of the Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) motion?
The deadline for suggested motions was 9am on Thursday 15 December 2022. To propose a motion, all were invited to e-mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The following motion was put forward by the Camcycle Trustees as follows (briefing papers were circulated to all members registered for the event):
- Agree the attached draft constitution for Camcycle CIO, whilst authorising the Board to agree to any changes to this draft that are necessary to obtain Charity Commission approval, or that are recommended by legal or Charity Commission advice.
- Instruct the Board:
- To progress the setting-up of a Charitable Incorporated Organisation to be named Camcycle CIO (also known as Cambridge Cycling Campaign), adopting the constitution referred to above.
- Once Camcycle CIO is set-up to take steps to transfer the operation, activity, assets and liabilities of Cambridge Cycling Campaign (charity number 1138098) to the CIO, including any future income receivable by Cambridge Cycling Campaign.
- To indemnify the trustees of Cambridge Cycling Campaign (charity number 1138098) against any claim made against the trustees – to the limit of the assets of the new charity – Camcycle CIO.
- To establish a robust, democratic, transparent means by which the new CIO and the existing charity can operate together – until it is appropriate to arrange closure of the existing charity and, at that stage, to wind-up the existing charity.
- To, at an appropriate stage, offer all members of the existing charity membership of the new CIO.
- To agree any technical procedures necessary to ensure the best route for the eventual transition of the charity’s activities to the new CIO. This may include:
- A ‘uniting direction’, by which the charities would operate with one Board and one set of year-end statutory accounts
- ‘vesting declaration’, by which any income due to the existing charity, including any legacies received after the closure of the existing charity, would accrue to the new CIO.
The motion was accepted by vote at the AGM.