Administrative Officer – 22 hours per week (Flexible)
Camcycle is seeking an organised, efficient and motivated person to join our hardworking staff team as our Administrative Officer.
Applicants must have excellent organisational skills and IT skills. They must be able to work independently and be able to apply their initiative and prioritisation skills in a fast-paced environment where priorities can change quickly as we respond to campaigning issues.
You will be exceptionally well-organised, a problem-solver and a quick, self-directed learner, very savvy with technology and have an aptitude for information systems like CRM and finance systems (we use Xero). You will relish the opportunity to be exposed to all operational areas of our organisation and to keep us operating efficiently at all times.
Our office is near the Cambridge North station and our staff are expected to travel to various events and meetings around Cambridge, ideally by cycling or other sustainable transport. They will also need to be able to cycle our electric cargo bike.
The position will require some evening and weekend work but is also a truly flexible role where we can set hours that work for you and combine these with working from home if needed. We’re expecting to hire someone for 22 hours a week but we can be flexible with this for the right candidate.
This role will appeal to someone who is passionate about everyday cycling and who understands the many benefits sustainable travel can provide for our environment and community.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing administrative tasks to support our operations including managing email and phone enquiries and keeping the office organised.
- Supporting the Executive Director and Treasurer with finance and bookkeeping activities e.g. sending and chasing invoices, loading expenses.
- Helping staff and volunteers keep on top of key deadlines to ensure timely action.
- Supporting our Communications and Community Officer with preparing and/or posting social media posts, blogs and website updates.
- Coordinating volunteer activities like meetings and socials.
- Providing on-the-day event support for some of our events, particularly during the Festival of Cycling (September).
We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, provided you can demonstrate you have researched what we do and you can provide us with compelling evidence of how you can help us achieve our mission. You must be allowed to work in the UK.
Please apply by emailing us your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. The email subject line must read “ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER: your name“. Your CV file name must be “your name_CV” and your cover letter file name must be “your name_Coverletter”
If you do not follow these application instructions your application will be immediately rejected.
The closing date for applications is 8 am, 16 December 2019.
Camcycle (Cambridge Cycling Campaign) works for more, better and safer cycling, for all ages and abilities, in and around Cambridge, where half the population cycles at least once a week. We are a democratic, member-led charity, with over 1,400 members and many volunteers. We have two members of staff and paid summer interns and we are now recruiting an office administrator to support our work.
Our work includes:
- Responding to planning applications and public consultations.
- Organising events including our Cambridge Festival of Cycling, Reach Ride with 1000 participants, stalls at community events, workplace information sessions and campaigning meetings.
- Publication of print and digital cycling advocacy materials including leaflets for students, our quarterly print newsletter and blogs and social media posts.
- Representing the interests of people who cycle to the media and public bodies such as the council.