Greater Anglia recently consulted on its draft cycle strategy (download here). We have submitted our own response, and these are our main points:
- Cycle parking. We welcome the increase in cycle parking but express concerns on security at smaller stations and accessibility of two-tier parking
- Abellio Bike&Go. A promising scheme for which speed of use and bike availability will be paramount
- Bikes in the station. We question the requirement to fold bikes before entering the station as less convenient for all users of the station
- Bikes on trains. We accept the reasons behind the ban on peak commuter trains, but communication must be clear and the use case of carrying personal bikes for leisure remains
- Maps for cyclists. Suggested routes for cyclists would be the perfect companion to hire schemes
You can find our full response here.