A list of local suppliers of Sheffield Stands, follows.
The price (as of Summer 1998) is for ONE galvanised and black-coated stand.
Mackays of Cambridge
85 East Road
Tel: 01223 – 508222
|Total (inc VAT):||£71.00|
|Total (inc VAT):||£69.33|
The following are a few of the National suppliers of Sheffield Stands (and other designs) in the UK:
- Autopa Ltd
BEA Ltd, Coventry; Tel/Fax: 01203 – 674817
- Used by Cambridge and Huntingdon Health Authority (Hillview Entrance), Fulbourn
- Used by the National Trust at Anglesey Abbey
Tel: 01244 – 288925
Fax: 01244 – 288462
Falco (UK agent: Arunhithe Ltd), Leek
Tel: 01538 304555
Fax. 01538 304575
- Freedom City
Tel: 01472 – 346 382
Fax: 01472 – 242 092
Mawrob Co. Engineers, Southport
[Broxap & Corby Ltd]
Tel: 01704 – 501011
Fax: 01704 – 541403
- Delivery charge to Cambridge is in the region of £25.50 (1998), depending on the number of racks ordered.
- Macemain + Amstad
When comparing prices, consider the following:
- Prices vary according to the “finish”
- Delivery charges vary
- Prices quoted by suppliers are for basic galvanised stands, and will exclude delivery charges and VAT.
At first “butterfly” stands may seem cheaper at around £25 (1998) each.
But compare prices (excluding VAT) at Ridgeons in Cambridge:
- Parking for TWO bicycles = 2 “unfinished” butterfly stands @ £25.40.
- TOTAL = £50.80
- Parking for TWO bicycles = 1 galvanised and black plastic coated Sheffield Stand @ £59.00.
- TOTAL = £59.00
However the labour costs for installing Sheffield Stands in concrete might be higher. (We will be seeking building quotes from a number of local tradespeople).