The popular series of local cycle route leaflets, describing rides around the Cambridge Green Belt area, has recently been updated and reprinted.
There are five routes, each with a different theme, and highlighting interesting places to visit:
- Route 1 – Earthworks and Landmarks (13 or 24 miles). A ‘figure of eight’ route to the north west of Cambridge.
- Route 2 – River, Canal and Roman Road (13 miles). A loop between Chesterton and Waterbeach, with a transportation theme.
- Route 3 – Settlement on the Chalk (12.5 or 25 miles). East to Dullingham.
- Route 4 – Local action for wildlife (16 or 25 miles). Exploring Cambridgeshire countryside south of the city, including many sites managed by local volunteers.
- Route 5 – Moats and Meadows, a Medieval tour (14.5 miles). A loop from Foxton railway station, then through Shepreth, Barrington, Haslingfield and Thriplow.
The pack of route leaflets, together with a summary leaflet and a Cambridge Cycle Route Map, costs £2.75, and is available from the following:
- Cambridge Tourist Information Centre
- Cambridgeshire County Council
- Cambridge Central Library
- Trumpington Park and Ride tourist office (limited opening hours)
- Milton Country Park