Remember the “The Cycle Friendly Employers Club” from the last newsletter? Well, here’s your chance:
- Are you a regular cyclist or willing to convert to cycling?
- Would you be able to influence local employers?
- Can you facilitate group discussions?
- Do you possess good communication and organisational skills?
- Are you concerned about the environment?
- Would you enjoy a challenge?
An exciting opportunity now exists (partly funded from the Department of Transport) for a cycling promoter to work with local employers in the Cambridge area and encourage their employees to travel by bicycle instead of car. The postholder will work closely with employers and their employees to help develop cycle plans. Achieving wider publicity will be an important part of the project.
The cycling promoter will report to a project steering group comprised of an alliance of statutory and voluntary agencies and will be based at Fulbourn. The post is a full time one year fixed term contract (with the possibility of renewal for a second year) at £17,000 pa (Cambridge & Huntingdon Health Commission Grade 6).
If you are excited about this opportunity and possess the necessary skills please ring Kate Briston of the Cambridge and Huntingdon Health Commission Health Promotion Department 01223 216666 for an application package or informal discussion. Closing date 14 February 1996.