It’s become very apparent over the last year that we’ve got to the point where we are having difficulty coping with the volume of correspondence Cambridge Cycling Campaign receives. We need help to be more effective and to support the large organisation we now are. We are looking for someone who, perhaps, can work from home during the day to manage incoming items.
The post is voluntary – the Campaign isn’t in a league where it can afford to pay salaries – but we can offer reasonable expenses for using your own computer, bike, and so on. And of course, we’ll reimburse any direct costs and provide equipment such as a scanner if necessary. In return we are looking for a regular commitment to spending three or four hours a week, at least twice during the week, making sure we are up to date.
Exact details are negotiable, but responsibilities might include:
- Collecting post and receiving email
- Recording incoming items and matching replies to items sent
- Scanning important items into a computer and distributing them to committee members and subgroups
- Keeping track of key dates for responses
- Obtaining and distributing key Council committee papers
- Sending standard replies where appropriate
- Filing incoming and outgoing items
- Liaising with the committees (including, possibly, attending and taking minutes at committee meetings)
As we propose to do most communication over the Internet, candidates must have access to a capable PC, with email and an Internet connection, and they must be comfortable using a word processor program. Campaigning experience is not necessary, but systematic, organised secretarial skills are.
If you are interested, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 October.