This article was published in 2001, in Newsletter 38.
This year’s AGM will be at 8 pm on Tuesday 6 November at the Friends’ Meeting House, Jesus Lane, Cambridge.
The agenda is:
- 7.30 Free tea, coffee and biscuits
- 8.00 Invited speaker – Bill Park Weir, Travel for Work adviser
- 8.45 AGM business
- 9.45 Meeting closes (and adjourns to the Maypole)
The formal business of the AGM will be brief, consisting mainly of:
- Short reports from some of this year’s officers.
- Motions. To propose a motion, please try to submit it to the Co-ordinator 501050 by Sunday 28 October.
- Elections. To nominate someone for a post, please try to notify the Co-ordinator 501050 by Sunday 28 October.
Nominations are welcomed for any of the elected posts. There are currently twelve posts, filled by eleven people (see Elected Officers.
On a personal note, I have decided not to stand for re-election as Co-ordinator this year. I have enjoyed the honour since the post was created at our first AGM in 1996. Although I am very much planning to stay involved with the Campaign (including Newsletter production, amongst other things), I am ready for a break from the day-to-day running of the organisation.
Even though I am not going to be disappearing altogether, I would like to take this opportunity to thank for their hard work the many Campaign members who have made it the effective and, I believe, respected organisation that it is today.