More advice about compensation

This article was published in 1997, in Newsletter 14.

If you want to make a claim for compensation (see article in the last Newsletter) after being injured while cycling, make sure your solicitor is a specialist in personal injury law, a member of

  • The Association of Personal Injury Lawyers, or
  • The Law Society’s Personal Injury Panel (whose members have at least three years’ specialist experience)

You can make a claim up to three years after an accident. Claims can be made even when the driver is uninsured or untraceable, as in the case of stolen cars or hit and run, for example. A claim can also be made if your injury was due to a bad road surface, or if you were attacked.

There are many other things to take into consideration, so if in doubt seek professional advice.

Richard Taylor