Due to the amount of work required to keep up with City Deal consultations it is essential that we divide and delegate activities amongst our volunteers. An effective way to do this is through ‘subgroups’.
A subgroup meeting is a good way to kick-off a Campaign response, as it offers an opportunity to get quick feedback and consensus in preparing a Campaign response to a consultation.
Each subgroup will ideally have a leader or coordinator, someone familiar with Campaign policy and someone with a good understanding of the local area. Other skills that are helpful in a subgroup are writing, editing, proofreading etc. However, it can be more than that. Perhaps you would like to make a video about the issues, distribute flyers to locals, or arrange an associated campaign event.
If you want to get involved, but have not done so before, this is an excellent way to start. If you already cycle then you would be surprised by how much you can already contribute to our consultation responses.
Members who cannot attend our subgroup meetings can still have their say on Cyclescape, which remains our primary tool for member discussion.
Here are the threads for each of the Cross City Cycling schemes plus Milton Road and Histon Road:
- (A) Arbury Road Route: http://camcycle.cyclescape.org/threads/2260
- (B) Links to Cambridge North Rail Station and the Science Park: http://camcycle.cyclescape.org/threads/2261
- (C) Ditton Lane and Links to East Cambridge: http://camcycle.cyclescape.org/threads/2262
- (D) Hills Road and Addenbrooke’s Route: http://camcycle.cyclescape.org/threads/2263
- (E) Fulbourn/Cherry Hinton Eastern Access: http://camcycle.cyclescape.org/threads/2264
- Milton Road (subgroup already formed): http://www.cyclescape.org/threads/2140
- Histon Road (subgroup already formed): http://www.cyclescape.org/threads/1879
Look out for future announcements on subgroups for major issues in the weekly updates and in the newsletter.