Camcycle Autumn internship to promote cargo cycles
Applications close: 9am 4 October 2021
Start date: ASAP
Our paid internship is back this autumn and we are excited to hear from candidates who are passionate about everyday cycling and excited to develop their skills and experience that will prepare them for future career opportunities. We’d like our intern to start as soon as possible and expect our internship to be an eight-week programme, although we can be flexible with working hours to ensure this internship is open to as many candidates as possible.
This year, our internship is funded by the City Changer Cargo Bike programme and will be focused on promoting and celebrating the limitless potential of cargo bikes for usage amongst public, private, and commercial users in Cambridge.
Our intern will report to our Communications and Community Officer, Anna Williams, and will also work with our Executive Director and Administration Officer as well as our dedicated team of volunteers. The successful candidate will spend their time working on our Cargo Bike Promotion project.
The internship tasks will include:
- Creating and managing the detailed project plan
- Identifying and contacting cargo bike champions to arrange video interviews and photoshoots
- Interviewing, filming and taking photos of cargo bike champions and general cargo bike/cycling footage in Cambridge
- Editing videos to create content for social media and our website
- Writing blog posts on cargo bike topics
- Editing and formatting content for our website
- Working with the Camcycle team to create a family cycling leaflet to promote cargo bikes and other ways to cycle with a family
- Creating a list of businesses in Cambridge that use cycles as a core part of their business
- Writing an article about the project for our magazine
We’re dedicated to providing an internship programme of a high standard which will be beneficial for the intern’s professional development. As a charitable organisation, we believe it is important that any internship we offer should be paid, high-quality, open and accessible. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds. You do not need to be a university student or graduate.
Our intern will be a valuable contributor to our team and we look forward to their work making a real impact on our goals.
- Your CV
- Your completed application form
- A 2-minute video ‘cover letter’ explaining why you are the perfect fit for this project. (You can send as an attachment or link).
If you require any adjustments to enable you to apply for this internship, please let us know.