When is it?
SUNDAY 20TH JUNE 1999
Start and finish anytime between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.
What is it?
A special day on which to cycle along part of the Suffolk section of Sustrans National Cycle Route No 1.
The section chosen lies between Dedham and Wickham Market. A total distance of approximately 40 miles, but participants can join the ride anywhere along the route and cycle any distance they wish, according to age, experience and fitness.
The route is fully signed and passes through Stratford St Mary, Hadleigh, Bramford, Ipswich, Woodbridge.
It will be possible for part of the outward or return journey to be made by rail if required – booking strongly advised. Stations at Ipswich, Woodbridge and Campsea Ashe (for Wickham Market).
The organisation and administration for the day is undertaken by members of 3 local cycling groups:-
- Ipswich Cycle Campaign
- Suffolk CTC
- VISTA (Visually Impaired Single and Team Activities)
Who�s It For?
No special equipment needed – any roadworthy bike is suitable.
Local clubs, societies and businesses may wish to organise groups of participants raising sponsorship for a chosen charity.
- To provide a fun day out for all participants!
- To show that cycling is an easy, readily available means of travel which has an important role to play in an integrated, sustainable transport policy.
- To promote and encourage use of the National Cycle Network.
- To demonstrate the economic benefits to local communities on the route to be gained by increased cycle tourism.
- To encourage active involvement and participation, by a variety of means, of people living in the towns and villages through which the route passes.
The ride is a ‘trial run� for a much bigger event to take place in the Millennium. (CTC�s Millennium Festival of Cycling/Sustrans ‘Ride the Net�)
For more information
Send a stamped addressed envelope to:- Suffolk Premier Cycle Ride, c/o 82 Hatfield Road, Ipswich IP3 9AG